Tribal Vibes Hand Painted Top

The story behind the Tribal Vibes top



I started painting in December and I made this abstract painting. I had no experience at all and no clue what I was doing but just followed my instincts and had fun. I loved this pattern so much that I decided to use it on my women's designs.


 I did some tests on linen and jersey fabrics first to see if it would work. Because fabric paints don't have a lot of color choices I first tried painting with regular acrylics mixing it with a fabric medium. But the fabric remained very stiff after painting. So I decided to go with my favorite fabric paints that leave the fabric very soft. I spent over 1 hour mixing the paints to get the turquoise color I wanted for my abstract painting. 


To make this top I used a white jersey that I painted with my yellow/green/turquoise abstract print. I then combined it with a solid turquoise jersey that I hand printed with tribal prints that I created from my hand drawing. The tribal silhouette was inspired by a scarf that one of my friends brought back from India for me.



 This top is part of my wearable art collection and you won't find anything like this in a store! Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts