Bubbles and Stripes Hand printed t-shirt

This new artsy top is a bit different from what I usually do.
I work a lot with floral prints. However for this shirt, I decided to play with geometric forms to change a little bit, and I'm so happy I did!



Last summer I created this bubble pattern on my computer for screen printing. But I hadn't gotten a chance to use it yet.
This other day I decided it was time and went on sketching my design. I planned to combine the bubbles with stripes and make an asymmetrical shirt playing with the shapes.

Hand printed can be a bit messy and black on white is not really forgiving. As I had some black ink stains in some areas of my pattern I had to cut some parts and my design ended up a little bit different from my sketch. I actually like it better than my original plan. Everything happens for a reason!:)


I wanted to embellish the shirt with a couple of buttons and first went for black round buttons to recall the bubble pattern. But I wasn't convinced at all, and eventually made my own buttons using polymer clay and black paint.



This t-shirt is modern and unique.



This top is hand printed with eco friendly water based permanent ink. It is washable and can be ordered in sizes S up to size XXL.







Comments

Popular Posts